Are you experiencing the effects of low testosterone? If you or someone you know has lowered levels of this important hormone, it can cause from decreased sex drive to low energy levels, hair loss, and infertility. Those with low levels of testosterone often also relate to having mental symptoms such as brain fog and fatigue as a result. But what causes low testosterone and is there a method of low T treatment in Torrance?
Inherited Causes of Low Testosterone
Testes that are less active than normal lead to primary or secondary hypogonadism. This means they do not carry the right level of testosterone to assist in proper health and growth. There are many reasons hypogonadism can occur, some of which are inherited situations:
- Hemochromatosis – Testicular failure or damage to the pituitary gland may be caused by excessive amounts of iron in the blood.
- HIV & AIDS – This medical condition can lead to damage of the testes, pituitary gland, and hypothalamus.
- Inflammatory diseases – This includes sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and histiocytosis, each of which may affect the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
- Kallmann syndrome – This condition relates to the abnormal function of the hypothalamus.
- Klinefelter’s syndrome – This is a condition where a man is born with three sex chromosomes. Two are X chromosomes, and the last is Y.
- Pituitary disorders – This can be caused by tumors, kidney failure, or drug use.
- Undescended testicles – This means that the testicles do not properly descent from the abdomen before birth.
Other Causes of Low Testosterone
It is also possible for an injury to lead to a lower level of testosterone in the body. Some of the most common injuries leading to this issue are:
- Cancer treatment – Radiation and chemotherapy treatment may damage the testicles.
- Concurrent illness – Having major physical or emotional stress from surgery or illness can cause reproductive system shutdown.
- Medication – Some medications, like steroids and opioid painkillers, can change the way the pituitary gland and hypothalamus function.
- Mumps orchitis – Contracting mumps can cause damage to the testicles.
- Normal aging – As bodies age, the production and response to hormones both may be affected.
- Obesity – Hormone production and response can be altered by a high rate of body fat.
- Physical injury – If a man is injured in both testicles, this can affect testosterone levels.
If you are looking for low T treatment in Torrance, company can assist you. We’d be happy to offer you additional information about the problem and the solutions available to you.
Be the first to like.